Registration: Teachers may register a team here by April 30, 2015 (up to 12 members)
2015 Events: (Team entries for each event consist of up to 3 members)
- Bridge Building
- Objective: To build a bridge, within our specifications, that will support the greatest applied load.
- Projectile Contest
- Objective: To build a launching device for a standard projectile (golf ball). The launching device must propel the golf ball to one of 6 possible target areas. The golf ball must first clear a 50 cm high barrier, then bounce once before hitting the target.
- Optics Encounter
- Objective: To use various lenses and mirrors individually or in combination to produce an image of a light cross at a specified point along an optical rail.
- Quiz Bowl
- Conceptual/calculation questions
- Objective: To score points by answering conceptual and short calculation questions in a short quiz bowl style game.
- Mystery Event: Electricity
- Build at competition
- Mystery Event: Mechanics
To build the bridge, within our specifications, that will support the greatest applied load.